Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Good Day

We had the best day with Avery yesterday! He has really started to 'talk' a lot. He has started to repeat various sound combinations that he makes up. This new 'language' of his seems to have replaced the endless whining phase he went through over the past few weeks.

He usually fights to be dressed or changed - crying, twisiting and fighting as hard as he can - but not yesterday. The entire time I changed him he would just 'talk' to me.

He practiced standing alone yesterday. He started out trying on the cat tree. He would move from the lower shelf to the higher shelf while letting go of it in between. He practiced this over and over and didn't realize that we were both watching him. Later in the evening, Jason was sitting on the couch and I was sitting on the floor beside him and Avery was between us. All of a sudden, Avery raised both hands over his head (as if to say "look no hands") and turned to take one step to me. He did this over and over.... laughing and laughing. He seems to have crossed this barrier of not being able to communicate to at least grasping the concept of it yesterday. It was just this really amazing day of discoveries with him. He is the greatest joy I have ever known.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and he will NEVER cease to amaze you!!

Fiddler said...

A world of wonder in such a tiny little package... It makes me so happy to hear how much you love that little boy...

Jaime said...

Awww... cute!! I'm so excited for all that is to come!
I can't wait to see Avery again - he's SOOOO cute!