Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Walk in the Woods


On this particular walk in the woods, Avery correctly identified both maple and oak leaves. He's such an interesting short person (not that I'm biased). And Paige... she slept through the night last night for the first time, yup, 9pm to 6am!

I love being a mom! I'd choose three year old tantrums over a day at work. I'd choose spit up in my hair over the most expensive name brand conditioner. I'd rather answer 1,000 "whys" in a day than a single phone call or email. I love my kids!

I have a few short weeks left at home. I'm overwhelmed with mental to do lists and yet spend my entire day cuddling my precious little girl. I'm going to try to work four days a week when I return. J is concerned and wants to ensure our family's financial stability and security. I'm thankful that he looks out for us in this way. I'm also thinking of our family in my desire to be at home with the kids. I need the time with them. I'm a hard worker and I'll do my best to accomplish what work I can in four days and see if we can make this compromise work for my family and my employer. Hopefully the big, beautiful bouquet of flowers J brought home last night is a sign that he understands just how important this is to me.

4 comments:

Fiddler said...

Jason, thank you for taking care of my girl and grandbabies... your gift of flowers made me smile! It'll all work out!

Anonymous said...

The big picture is finances AND family. 4 days a week seems like a great compromise. Avery needs those walks in the woods with his momma.

KMR said...

They are so lucky to have you as a mom Jen. I guess it's all about compromises...I hope it will all work out.

Anonymous said...

A compromise it is!! Life is full of them. The raising of a family today is far different than when we raised ours. We, personally had to make compromises every day, to accommodate for the shift work. It all levels out.. I am so proud of the two of you and your awesome little ones...Avery and Paige!