Sunday, July 17, 2005

Campin'

We took Avery on his first camping trip this weekend to Toddy Pond. The weather was great, and our campsite was right on the water. It gave us both a chance to do some kayaking. Avery loves to be outside, and he had a great time. We are happy to have found this campground, because it's not too far from home and is a very nice place. I know that I loved to go camping with my family when I was a kid, and I'm really looking forward to going camping often with my new family. -jgr

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Glad that you had and took the time to go camping with Avery. I know that we always had a good time out there in the wilderness and all of our kids will attest to that.

Jaime said...

Cute!!! Did you stay overnight? Did you stay in a tent? I was just wondering the other day if we would be able to take the baby camping next summer. How fun! I've been offline for a week and it seems like he's bigger already!

JR said...

We stayed Saturday night. It was very cozy in our backpacking tent with the three of us plus Max. Avery slept very well.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the first of many family camping trips :) I'm really happy that you had a great first tent out with my little friend... The photos are great...

JR said...

Wasn't that Rogers Campground?

KMR said...

Ah yes, Roger's campground.
Great pictures, I'm glad you are carrying on a great family tradition!

shroomAzoom said...

Great camping pics. You know what would look really good in the background of one of them? The Sleeping Giant!