Thursday, July 28, 2005

Jason & Avery's Evening

So Jen dared to leave Avery with me tonight. Mind you, she left me with specific written Avery instructions. It wasn't that I just managed to make it through the evening taking care of Avery by myself. The time all seemed to melt away as we moved from dinner time to bottle time to bath time to play time to story time and to bed time. He laughs when I put my hands under his shoulders to pick him up, and he holds onto me when I hold onto him. It was a good night.

He ate all of his carrots and applesauce, drank all of his milk, enjoyed his bath, alternated his gaze between my face and the pictures in his book at story time and fell asleep when I laid him in his crib. Avery and Dad can manage just fine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when Avery notices Jason walking by and he beams his Avery smile! Its the best. Jason doesn't even need to say anything, Avery always gives Dad the biggest smiles. He loves his Dad.

KMR said...

Aww, that was SO sweet!
I can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

Jaime said...

Okay, that's it. I'm putting my foot down. People with babies that cute just aren't allowed to NOT scrapbook. Please please please let me get you hooked??? :)

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! (We make good looking grandchildren, huh?) Miss him, too!!

Anonymous said...

This photo is priceless... I'm back from vacation and in BIG need of an Avery fix...

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little boy... I finally got to hold and play with this little guy this afternoon after a LOOOOONG stretch of not connecting with Avery and his mom and dad... He is every bit as cute as this photo, and then some...