Monday, August 08, 2005

Batgirl

So last night, J and I were sitting on the couch and we heard a strange noise in the kitchen.  We definitely thought there was a creature in our house.  We cautiously approached the refrigerator.  We pulled it away from the wall, thoroughly investigated (so we thought) with a flashlight, a broom and by removing the back panel.  No creature.  Now, if you have seen - or heard - our fridge, you also would have accepted that it may have just developed a new clunk.  So, we go back in to the living room.  No more noises.  So I headed  to bed and Avery woke up.  So… while comforting Avery… J (still downstairs) lets me know that there was indeed a creature.  A bat.  I'll let everyone's imaginations run wild with how the man of the house let me know there was a bat flying at his head.  I can't even begin to use  my sister-in-law's description of 'cute' for this little beast.  J directed me to open the doors and chase it out… he directed, I executed (the plan, not the bat).  This is our 2nd bat event.  I hope it’s the last!

7 comments:

JR said...

bats are very scary!

Fiddler said...

That's my brave girl :) This story just made me laugh out loud!

KMR said...

J is a wuss. Bats are NOT scary. I'm glad you didn't kill it...bats are sweet little creatures that eat lots of bugs!!

Anonymous said...

kmr...speaking of bats.....I remember when you were a mere 11 years old, and you were screaming from your bedroom upstairs and I mean 'screaming'..."HELP, there's a low flying bird up here!!" Yeah, it was a bat!!!!
Jen, glad you came to the rescue!!

Fiddler said...

This has been such a funny post, lots of comments on this one!

Jaime said...

YIKES! Two bats... I think I would just move. I'm with Jason - bats are scary! Yay for brave Jen!!!

Amber said...

I never had a first bat experience...let alone a second! I pray I never have that happen to me...sounds like you handled it quite well though!