Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home Day


Avery is writing his name by himself! That's a big A, an upside down V, an E, an R (the only letter I helped him with) and Y that looks a little more like a T. Not bad - he's not even 3-1/2 yet! I'm quite proud, as you can tell. He completely amazes me. His drawings are really starting to resemble objects now.

Today was a home day for the kids and I. Since returning to work, I have only taken 3 days off... that's good for our finances but not so good for spending time with the kids. I'm going to try harder to work a 4-day week.

This morning, we set out for the library. The goal was to get the daily free tickets to the Children's Museum. Thankfully, I had not shared this with Avery. We were not early enough to get the tickets to the museum. I had taken some cash with me, just in case this happened, so we could go to the museum anyway. I didn't need the money... the library was having a free Teddy Bear Picnic and Avery had a bear in tow!! We sat outside (it was absolutely beautiful weather) in the children's amphitheater, listened to several bear stories, had a snack of apple juice and teddy grahams, played parachute with new friends and their bears, walked in a parade through the library and made bear crafts. We even saw a familiar face, as our neighbor is a librarian in the children's section. It was a really nice morning.

We'll try to get new pictures up soon! Both kids are napping at the same time... need to try to clean up my house before hubster arrives home...

3 comments:

Fiddler said...

Wow! Great letters :) The teddy bear day at the library sounds awesome... looking forward to seeing you guys really soon!

KMR said...

awwwww, your day off sounds like the best!! Love you.

KMR said...

That card was for me!! Thanks so much for the great card, the well wishes and the great truck picture that Avery drew!! I love you guys!!