Thursday, March 24, 2005

Garden State

The latest arrival from our Netflix queue was Garden State. I have to say that this was the best movie that I've seen in recent memory. It was an entirely unquirky comedy that was completely honest, well-written, well-filmed and featured first-class acting by Zach Braff and Natalie Portman. I love Braff in Scrubs, but this role was something unexpected, and showed that he possesses a great deal of talent. What made the movie so brilliant was the chemistry between the two lead characters (Largeman and Samantha). I think that Shroom would especially appreciate the portrayal of romance in this flick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice website! i'm gonna have to add you to my bookmarks.

shroomAzoom said...

Jenn and I strap ourselves in for lots of fun every Tuesday night when Scrubs is on. I think it's one of our favourite shows these days. We've seen Garden State on the shelf at the movie store before, so maybe we'll get it next time we rent.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this looks like a movie I want to watch... I really like the web site, it's fun to see baby Avery's photos and also to see the comments and links that you see as important...
Keep up the good work... I've been sharing the site with friends from work...
Grammah...