Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Nesting






This past weekend was the first weekend of nesting for me. I remember having this feeling in January while pregnant with Avery as well. While I did not get everything crossed off my long to do list... progress was made. Avery's orange tractor room now features his name letters (moved from his little room), his new redwood tree to record his height, his George tractor paintings from Gram with the Fiddles, and his new John Deere tractor curtains fresh off the sewing machine. (Before photo shows nice wood paneling.) J trimmed out the baby's room new skylight, I unpacked the newborn gender neutral items, and washed the carseat cover. Avery has enjoyed playing with his old baby items with his own "babies". The living room windows have their final coat of paint and curtains hung. (The before photo is from Avery's first bday... note the nice blue carpet and you can't quite see the lovely paneling behind the woodstove). The computer loft is almost tidied up as well. Sigh. I need a nap.

2 comments:

Fiddler said...

Wow! I love your living room curtains! They're awesome :) You've done a really nice job with everything... A's room looks great too... You DESERVE A NAP after all of that work!

Anonymous said...

It all looks so good! Doesn't it make you feel good, though. I know when I got the bathroom done in our house, it made me feel like I had accomplished something!! Again, it looks awesome, (everything)